June 22, 2014

Miscellaneous Thoughts

I took this shot of Emily I took last weekend when I was location scouting for a wedding.
(hashtag number one assistant; look at those notebook/keys/water bottle/camera bag holding skills)

I watched Marie Antoinette last night when I couldn't sleep. I always find inspiration from that film and this time was no different. I was struck by the shot accompanying this song, which plays as she returns to court from le Petit Trianon. I am learning to play it on the piano.

Although I know Gravity was mainly a vehicle for technology, and it was groundbreaking in that respect (DUH), I really do love the sentiment of their tagline ("don't let go"). Even down to the last frame, that film said volumes about perseverance, one step at a time, which spoke to me so deeply.

Apparently all I want to talk about today is movies, so while we're on the subject, I've had on my mind lately the distinction between Hazel and & Gus's respective illnesses in The Fault in Our Stars. (Sorry, not sorry) Hers is visible—the oxygen tank is practically a third main character. In fact, I'd say it is a third main character. But his is invisible unless he lets you in. Unless he showed it off to the world by choice, the majority of people he came in contact with would never know about his amputation. I don't really know how I want to wrap this up, but I've just been thinking a lot about the concept of "invisible" illness. It's a good thing to be deliberately conscious of.

I'm taking an online screenwriting class (for beginners, focusing on adapting for a short film) from James Franco. I'm excited to dive into something I've been wanting to approach for a while now! 
Yeaux leaux (aka YOLO in French, aka classy YOLO)


No comments:

Post a Comment